For Community

 

City of Laredo, Texas

Laredo was founded on the north bank of the Río Grande on May 15, 1755, when Captain Tomás Sánchez, with three families, was granted permission to settle 15 leagues of land near an Indian fort on the Río Grande. Operated as a family rancho, the Sánchez estate ran cattle, sheep, goats, horses, mules and oxen. In 1767, the city was laid out, and in the years to follow, ranching became the sustenance of the colony.

Known today as the city under seven flags, Laredo has emerged as the principal port of entry into Mexico. As the second fastest growing city in the nation, this border metropolis has greatly benefited from the well-planned, historic "Streets of Laredo," and its urban core continues to be reinvigorated as commercial areas and neighborhoods make the "Gateway City" their home. More History... 

About Laredo
City of Laredo Website
Laredo Development Foundation
Laredo Public Library
Webb County Appraisal District
Laredo Chamber Of Commerce
Laredo Community College
Texas A&M International University
United Independent School District
Laredo Morning Times
Washington's Birthday Celebration Association

MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING FOR DISASTERS AND COMMUNITY-WIDE EMERGENCIES

City of Laredo - Laredo Independent School District
Inter-local Governmental Agreements

Webb County - Laredo Independent School District
Inter-local Governmental Agreements

Laredo Community College

Texas A&M International University

United Independent School District

Contract for Education of Non-Resident Students

Miscellaneous

Laredo ISD Facility Use Forms